Update – March 22, 2022:
- Masks are still required for everyone in all public indoor settings. People who cannot put on or remove a mask on their own are exempt. Individuals without an exemption who refuse to wear a mask will not be provided services.
- Wavefront Centre continues to see clients in-person, while following Public Health Orders and guidelines.
- Drop-in services continue to be suspended until further notice. All appointments must be pre-booked.
The health and safety of our staff and client community remains a priority for Wavefront Centre as we gradually resume operations. The operations plan outlines the measures and policies implemented by Wavefront Centre to reduce the risk and spread of COVID-19 and ensure the healthy well-being of our staff and community. (Please note the Audiology Department has additional protocols established to adhere to guidelines put forth by the College of Speech and Hearing Health Professionals and the Medical Interpreting Services Program is adhering to guidelines put forth by Provincial Health Services Authority).
Our health and safety measures include:
- Mandatory mask usage for both clients and staff
- Providing hand sanitizer in and around the office
- Contactless payment only
- Enhanced cleaning protocols, including regular disinfecting and sanitizing of high touch surfaces and equipment.
Check travel advisories and current public health guidelines, please click here.
Check out Wavefront Centre’s operating hours, please click here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will there be drop in services?
For the safety of our clients and staff, drop-in services continue to be suspended until further notice. All appointments must be pre-booked.
What are your check in procedures?
- Upon arrival, Front Desk (FD)/Client Services Coordinator (CSC)/staff contact will ask clients/visitors to use hand sanitizer or wash hands with soap and water.
- All visitors to the building will be required to wear a mask. If you don’t have a mask, we can give you one upon your arrival. People who cannot put on or remove a mask on their own are exempt. Individuals without an exemption who refuse to wear a mask will not be provided services.
- At our Quebec Street location, clients/visitors will check in either at the Frond Desk (G level) or Audiology (3rd floor). At satellite offices, they will check in at reception desk.
What are the Mask Exemptions?
There are Mask Exemptions for:
- People under 5 years old
- People who are unable to wear a mask because of a health condition or physical or mental impairment
- Someone who is unable to put on or remove a mask without help from another person
- Someone where wearing a mask prevents them from communicating with someone with a hearing disability
How will appointments be booked?
- All appointments must be pre-booked over the phone or by e-mail, depending on your service.
- All live appointments must be pre-booked.
- Drop-in services continue to remain suspended until further notice.
Will appointment times be spaced?
- Yes, all appointment times will be spaced so there is adequate time between appointments to clean and disinfect the clinic/offices between clients and to reduce the number of people in waiting areas
- Start times will also be staggered to ensure the maximum occupancy limit in waiting areas are not exceeded. Overflow waiting areas will be designated in the event an occupancy limit has been exceeded.