Make an appointment today to see why our Audiology Department has received numerous accolades for excellence in hearing health care.
Hearing Aids: Today’s hearing aids are not your grandparent’s aids of before. Almost all hearing aids are now digital and compatible with mobile and electronic devices. Not only do hearing aids help you hear the voices and environmental sounds around you, you will also be able to take phone calls, listen to music and movies from your phone, laptop, tablet or television.
Hearing aids come in a variety of different styles and technologies that are selected to best meet your hearing needs, your lifestyle and budget. Sizes range from small micro-canal hearing aids to ones that fit behind the ear. Technology ranges from basic technology that meets most quiet and some noisy environments to very advanced processing technology that is designed to help those who have complex hearing needs and challenging listening situations. At Wavefront Centre, we appreciate that no two ears are alike, even your right ear and left ear are different! Everyone’s hearing and communication needs are different; therefore everyone needs a different hearing aid and solution best fit for them.
To determine which hearing aid and hearing loss management plan works best for you, please make an appointment to see one of Wavefront Centre’s Audiologists for a hearing assessment and consultation.
Best Fit for You: Our Wavefront Centre hearing health professionals will recommend the style and brand of hearing aid that best fits your communication needs, lifestyle, and budget. Our professionals will also show you how to properly use and care for your aids. We carry a variety of different brands. Everyone’s hearing is different, so everyone needs a different hearing aid.
60 Day Trial Period: Your hearing aids will come with a 60 day trial period (extendable). Please note that over the trial period, you will likely need to come for check-up visits with your Wavefront Centre professional to adjust and review the aids to ensure that they work best for you.
60 Day Refund or Exchange: If you are not satisfied with your hearing aids within the 60 day trial period:
- You can return the hearing aids for a full refund (less a nominal testing fee); or
- You can trial a new set of hearing aids. You need only pay the difference in price if the new aids are more expensive than your original pair. You will also be reimbursed for any differences in cost (if applicable).
2 to 3 year Warranty: Hearing aids from Wavefront Centre are dispensed with a 2 to 3 year warranty and a 1 to 3 year loss and damage warranty, depending on brand and style. During the warranty period, there is no charge for standard repair and maintenance, but fees may apply for re-evaluation of your hearing or hearing aids.
Free lifetime Drop-In Services: Wavefront Centre offers free Drop-In Services for our clients Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9:00am to 4:00pm (closed 12:00pm to 1:00pm) at our 2005 Quebec street, Head Office location. Drop-In Services are on a first-come, first-served basis and include:
- Hearing aid cleaning
- Troubleshooting of a dead or intermittent hearing aid
- Review of insertion/removal of hearing aid
- Tube change on hearing aid earmold
Our Drop-in services are free for all Wavefront Centre’s clients and $30 per visit for non-Wavefront Centre’s clients. Fees may apply for parts and out-of-warranty repairs.
Funding Sources for Hearing Aids:
In British Columbia, there is unfortunately no universal government assistance for the purchase of hearing aids. However, if your situation fits any of the following, you may be eligible for funding or financial assistance:
- You are on income assistance (Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction)
- You are attending school and are looking for part-time employment or summer employment
- You are looking for employment or retraining
- You are at imminent risk for losing your job due to your hearing loss
- Your hearing loss may have resulted from hazardous occupational noise exposure
- You are a veteran or RCMP officer or a spouse of one
- You have First Nations Status
- You have an extended health insurance plan that partially or fully covers the cost of hearing aids
- If your child is in need of hearing aids, some private funding sources are available for children. For example, if your child under the age of 3½, his/her first set of aids may be covered through the BC Early Hearing Program
For more information, please ask your Wavefront Centre’s hearing health professional who would be happy to tell you more about how to apply for funding or can apply on your behalf.
If you do not fall into any of the above categories and cannot afford new aids, you may wish to obtain an aid through Wavefront Centre’s Lend An Ear Program.