The health and safety of our staff and client community remains a priority for Wavefront Centre as we gradually resume operations. This page outlines the what you can expect at an appointment at one of our hearing clinics. Learn more about Wavefront Centre’s general operation plan, on our COVID-19 FAQ page.
To keep you safe during your appointment, your clinician will:
- Maintain 6 feet of physical distance as much as possible.
- Wear a facemask for procedures requiring close contact:
We understand that masks make hearing and lipreading difficult. Your clinician will give you instructions prior to putting the mask on and remove the mask to answer your questions once physical distance is re-established. We will not carry out a conversation while performing procedures that require close contact in order to minimize transfer of droplets from saliva.
Please help us keep you safe by following these rules:
- Always book an appointment, do not drop in. We are unable to accept drop-ins at this time due to safety reasons.
- Stay home if: you are sick, have any symptoms of Covid-19, have been in recent contact with someone who has Covid-19, or if you are required to quarantine due to a recent travel.
- Consider first if you could be helped remotely, rather than in-person, through: phone calls, video demonstration, remote programming, or mailed materials. We can also schedule a drop off/pick up service for your hearing aids – ask our staff if that is an appropriate option for you.
- Note that at times we may be able to deliver only the most critical services and will postpone non-essential components until later. We may also gather information and provide you with additional instructions over the phone or by email in order to limit appointment time.
- Ask us for special time accommodation if you are taking public transit so that you can avoid peak travel time.
- If possible, plan to attend your appointment alone. If someone drives you to the appointment, ask them to wait in the car or outside, if possible. Always let us know if you are bringing a companion.
At your appointment:
- Please wear a mask during the appointment, if possible. Anyone arriving with you must also wear a mask. Let us know if you cannot wear a mask for any reason.
- Try to arrive no more than 5 minutes before your scheduled appointment.
- Bring only essential items with you.
- You will be asked to wash or sanitize your hands as soon as you arrive in the waiting area. Do not wear gloves, as they cannot be properly disinfected. Hand hygiene is more important than gloves.
- Sit in designated seats and minimize touching any furniture, surfaces and other objects around you as much as possible. Do not touch your face or your mask!
- Try to keep 6 feet of physical distance at all times.
Thank you for your co-operation in supporting our safe practices.