Hearing health isn’t commonly screened by family physicians and often isn’t discussed, so you may not be aware that you need a hearing test.
Your first hearing test is especially important to set a baseline for your hearing health, so that any changes can be tracked over time.
We recommend that you book a hearing test if:
- you think you may be experiencing hearing loss;
- your family and friends have experienced concerns about your hearing;
- you work in a loud environment; or
- you have a history of ear infections, surgery, or draining ear(s);
- you have not had a hearing test in the last 24 months.
At Wavefront Centre, a hearing test is $75 for adults and includes a detailed 1.5 hr assessment of your hearing ability, speech understanding ability, and communication needs. Hearing tests for children are available at our Tricities location. The cost for a pediatric hearing assessment and report is $125.