Update: March 20, 2020
*Our Head Office (2005 Quebec Street, Vancouver) will be closed on Saturday March 21, 2020*
*Our Tricities Office (2755 Lougheed Highway, Port Coquitlam) will be closed on Saturdays beginning on March 28, 2020*
All drop-in services are temporarily suspended, effective Monday March 23rd.
In order to ensure the safety of both our clients and staff, our Audiology and Interpreting departments will be accepting clients by appointment only. Please contact us to book:
Hearing Aid Clinic:
Wavefront Centre for Communication Accessibility wants to ensure the safety and health of our clients, many of whom are vulnerable to illness. We ask that you reschedule your appointment if you are feeling unwell.
Update: Mar 17, 2020
On March 11, 2020, the World Health Organization declared the global outbreak of COVID-19 a pandemic.
To ensure the safety and health of our clients, many of whom are vulnerable to illness, we ask that you reschedule your appointment if you are feeling unwell. Upon arrival to Wavefront Centre, please ensure you practice proper respiratory hygiene etiquette and please heed the following advice:
- If you have recently travelled outside of Canada, please follow the 14-day self-quarantine advisories listed by the Canada Border Services Agency and Health Canada.
- Proper hand-washing for at least 20 seconds using soap and water.
- Use of hand sanitizers if hands are not visibly soiled.
- Do not touch your face, mouth or nose with unwashed hands
- Cover your mouth and nose when you sneeze or cough with a disposable tissue, or the crease of your elbow.
- Stay at home if you are feeling sick.
- If you develop a fever, sore throat, cough or difficulty breathing, please seek medical attention promptly.
- You may consult BC’s COVID-19 self assessment tool here: https://covid19.thrive.health/
- For more information, please visit: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/coronavirus-(novel)
Those who develop symptoms during the 14-day monitoring period should immediately self-isolate (stay in a room that is not shared with anyone else) and call their healthcare provider or the provincial health line at 8-1-1 to discuss any need for testing and follow up.
At Wavefront Centre, we disinfect all surfaces daily and common contact points hourly. Any equipment and surfaces that do come in touch with clients are immediately disinfected after appointments.
The BC Ministry of Health Press Releases in regards to COVID-19 are translated in ASL as part of Wavefront Centre’s mandate to provide communication accessibility. We do not receive funding from the government for this work. In a time where we need to support each other, we are providing this essential translation service to the public.